cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieved a collection, no idea who / why / where its from, first step to having it removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recieved a collection, no idea who / why / where its from, first step to having it removed?

Out of no where, score watch emails me and says I recieved a collection on my report. It shows on all 3 credit bureaus.

I have no negative credit at all, no lates or problems. I have no idea who this company is or why they did this.

Here is the copy / paste:

In 4/1/2011, the collection agency W.C.I. was hired by creditor Not Reported to collect $425 in debts on account number XXXX0963.

Original balance:$425Agency name:W.C.I.
Current balance:$425Agency number:701YC00488
Status (as of 9/1/2011) :UNPAIDAgency industry:Not Reported
First delinquency:7/1/2008Original creditor:701YC00488
Last payment:Not on Record  
Description:Not Reported

What is my steps here to getting this removed??????? Ive read the other forums and sticky messages on the process but I want to make sure to do it right because its FUBAR'ed my credit!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Recieved a collection, no idea who / why / where its from, first step to having it removed?

Welcome to the forums,

Since the OC (original creditor) is masked by numbers/letters, I would guess it's a medical debt.

The date of medical service would be the  DoFD (date of first delinquency), which is 7/1/2008.

Think back to 7/1/2008, try to remember if you had any thing medically done.

I would suggest pulling your CR's  from annualcreditreport.com. The CR's come directly from each of the CRA's and they tend to have more info on them, more then the ones you get from a third party. The OC should be listed.

Or you can call the CRA and they can tell you who the OC is. Oh of course, after you verify who you are first.

Hope this info helps.Smiley Wink I'll let other chime in too.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.