cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieved collection letter from Fedex, but it isn't on my credit report?

tag
jazzy377

Recieved collection letter from Fedex, but it isn't on my credit report?

It's an old bill for $44 I forgot about. I don't mind paying it, but I'm afraid after I pay it, it will show up on my credit report and lower my score. The collections amount was due back in June. What do I do to ensure this doesn't damage my score?

Also I have another collection for an old phone bill. I want to pay that off because it is on my report. Will my score go up once it's paid or can I have it removed all together?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Recieved collection letter from Fedex, but it isn't on my credit report?

Typically, paying off a collection from a 3rd party CA will not help your score.  It could actually drop it if the TL has not updated in a while.  When was the last time the account updated on your CR?

You can send the CA a PFD and see if they would be willing to delete for payment.

For the one not reporting, write them a modified PFD.  Ask them not to report for payment.

Sometimes the dunning notice will say if you pay within this time, we won't report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.