cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Maximum Credit Utilization per Credit Card/Line of Credit is 30% ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommended Maximum Credit Utilization per Credit Card/Line of Credit is 30% ...

... for each, according the loan officers -- "insiders" --  that I have talked to.

The result is that both Experian (754) and Equifax (778) rather quickly rated me as "Very Good"; however, TransUnion (758) -- always the laggard -- waited much longer to increase my score when I broke the rule, even for only a few days: TransUnion was the only one to drop my score by 10 points when I, for only a few days, increased my utilization to 70% -- in other words, they were to quick to drop my score to "Good" but slow to bring it back to "Very good."

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Recommended Maximum Credit Utilization per Credit Card/Line of Credit is 30% ...

CB do not update your reports in real time based on you balances on credit cards. They use the balance that is reported to them once a month by each creditor. Usually that is your statement balance. Stay under 10% utilization on only a few cards to maximize scoring.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.