Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon help...maybe???

tag
Tanafied
Established Member

Recon help...maybe???

myfico.com was super awesome for me a couple years ago when I bought a house, and I'm now in need again.  So, i was doing a little surfing recently and reailized a new term of " App Spree". So I decided to induldge. Perhaps I should have done more homework first, but what I determined was this: When I bought my house in November 2012, my true Fico scores were: TU 640 EX 642 EQ 660. Fast forward to today...I don't know what my true fico is, but my Credit Karma score is: 662 and my Sesame credit score is 717.

as I attempted to embark on the whole "app Spree" concept, I applied to and received (in the exact order):

Target visa: $2K

Chase freedom $2500

capital one quicksilver $3000

macys 1000

discover it unknown limit??

barclaycard master card 1500

walmart - 7-10 days

amazon - 7-10 days

nordstrom 7-10 days

amex costco 7-10 days

citibank 7- 10 days days

So, I'm not sure, but something appears to go completely array, beacause suddenly, I start to receive declines. I recon'd Macy's and went from an online approval of $500 to $1,000. I tried to recon Nordstroms, but they just said I'd receive something in the mail shortly. The rest I will try to call in the am (after all its 1 a.m. currently). 

Looking at my past credit history:

EX has a judgement from 2008 Toyota motor credit along with two 180 past due student loan payments from 2009

EQ and TU only have the 2009 past due payments from the student loans only

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recon help...maybe???

STOP!!!!!

Too much too soon.  You got approved for six cards, then started getting declined, that's because it is too much.  Now I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have some of those closed or at least an FR. 

You need to garden, and garden hard.  No apps for at least a year.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.