Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon?

So I applied for a Barclay card, got the whole we have to review your app. Logged in right after only to find I had been denied which is no shock. My bk7 was discharged last month, so I should be coming up on 2 months of being discharged. I have a secured capital one card, 200 limit, 50 balance as of today, and a capital one quicksilver one that just got approved a few days back. My scores are pulled from here so I belivw then to be accurate. Equifax is a 576, Transunion is a 567; and exprian is 558. Would it be worth my interest to contact the credit dept at Barclay and have them recon. I want to purchase a house at my 2 year Mark and want my score to be above the 620 veterans untied requires. Everything in my bk was army debt, but not federal, never had credit cards prior to my bk. I also have a 10,008 auto loan and a 16,000 dollar auto loan that hasn't reported yet, even though I've had the car a over 2 months and paid 10 days early on my first payment. Any advice is helpful. Thanks guys.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon?

You already took the hard pull so you might as well try to recon. My advice would be to garden the cards you have now and not apply for anything new for a while. With your scores the odds of being approved are slim, but as time passes it will become greater. Good luck.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll call em in the morning. By gardening do you mean not use them, or use them sparingly?
Message 3 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

Gardening is letting your cards grow and not apping for anything for a set amount a time ie 6 months or 1 year.
Message 4 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.