cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recourse if OC does not respond to Direct Dispute within 30 days?

tag
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Recourse if OC does not respond to Direct Dispute within 30 days?

What is the recourse if the OC fails to respond within 30 days?  I have used this process more than several times successfullyand the OC has always responded.  HoweverI do have one now that is within several days of not meeting that requirement.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Recourse if OC does not respond to Direct Dispute within 30 days?

Had you already disputed with the CRAs?  If so they may have shrugged it off as frivolous.

Message 2 of 14
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Guinness.  Would they not be required to respond and claim it was frivolous?

Yes, they had been disputed with the CRA's and they came back validated. 

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 3 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are required to send notifiication by the end of their 30-day investigation period that they have dismissed the direct dispute as being frivolous or irrelevant.

Message 4 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

I am in the same situation with a creditor. The 30 day period has passed with no response. What's my next step?
Message 5 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They are supposed to but I am seeing many times they don't.

You could file a complaint with the CFPB or sue them. 

Message 6 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Who do I sue through? FTC or an attorney?
Message 7 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

So just file a claim with CFPB or FTC? Thx a lot for your help guiness56. Really need to get rid of this pesky creditor
Message 9 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.