Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering from Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recovering from Collections

Curious as to other users experience recovering from collections.

I have two from almost 4 years ago that I've decided to just not pay. Got one a month ago from something that completely slipped my mind that I forgot to pay that I just paid in full (Company wouldn't do PFD/I don't have the patience+time to deal with them lol...) I was doing pretty good too before that one reported. Brought me down about 30 points which sucked. Been gardening, just wondering how long itll take before my score and report starts to heal fom those bruises lol.

How's it worked out/how long has it taken for all of you guys?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recovering from Collections

That one from a month ago is going to suck- time since negative and all that playing into it.  Seems like something that recent would be worth paying just to avoid headaches for the next 7 years from it.  The ones from 4 years ago- I can understand, sometimes it is just the principal of the collection.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That one from a month ago is going to suck- time since negative and all that playing into it.  Seems like something that recent would be worth paying just to avoid headaches for the next 7 years from it.  The ones from 4 years ago- I can understand, sometimes it is just the principal of the collection.

Yeah the one from a month ago I paid it in full...if I decide to be proactive I may send goodwill letters but that company was a pain to deal with anyways so I may just refrain. The 4 year old ones it's just been so long, so paying would just keep them on longer since they won't do a PFD at all so I figured screw it. I just block the numbers whenever they call. Lol. I was up to 650ish with my EX which was my highest, now I'm down to like 602...just gonna garden, hopefully over the next few months it'll get back up.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had two collections removed months after I paid them.  I wasn't aware of PFDs.

I was able to find the email addresses for the CEOs for each of the companies and wrote them an email.  They both agreed within days to remove them and now they are completely gone.

Good luck

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had two collections removed months after I paid them.  I wasn't aware of PFDs.

I was able to find the email addresses for the CEOs for each of the companies and wrote them an email.  They both agreed within days to remove them and now they are completely gone.

Good luck

That's awesome. What were the collection agency names do you know? Just curious to see if I could have similar luck. Lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.