Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering from a Hard pull

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Recovering from a Hard pull

how quickly can i recover from a hard pull... 710 to 681... -29 points ouchhhhh 

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Recovering from a Hard pull

That can't be from a hard pull - 29 points!

Something else had to have happened..

Message 2 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I agree, that is way to many points just for a hard pull.

Message 3 of 19
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

wow this is what everyone is telling me. since the 710 the only thing thats happen within the last couple of months is A. fraud alert added to equifax which i didnt authorize and B. discover inquiry.. none of my statements havent even cut yet!!!! so it cant possibly be the utilization im at 1%. thats what everyone else is telling me 29 points is too much for even a hard pull . i think this could possibly go to prove that fraud alerts do lower scores 

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 4 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

No they don't, they have no affect on your scores. I had fraud alerts on for 3 months and never got a score drop.

Message 5 of 19
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

gonna call fico tomorrow and ask them what led to this

Message 6 of 19
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

It's official checked the 710 report and the now 681 report and honestly the only difference is that one has a fraud alert 681 and the other does not 710. Both reports are reporting the discover February inquiry. This is what the 681 report reads"

Statements [?]
FRAUD VICTIM. "INITIAL ALERT". CONSUMER HAS REQUESTED AN ALERT BE PLACED ON THEIR CREDIT FILE. CONSUMER DID NOT PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Honestly I think this played into the decrease. It's a fraud alert by them not me.

Message 7 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have it removed, and see what happens.

Technically, fraud alerts are only authorized at the specific request of the consumer.

I say technically because, yes, they do get on their without specific request, but only because the CRA has inferred that the consumer requested.

If any info or dispute raises issues of potential identity theft, they will slap one one, inferring its request.

You have the absolute right to request its deletion, so get it off and let us know what happen!

Message 8 of 19
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

just did that, lady told me it should take 48 hours so by the time my statements cut and i leave 2% utility we shall see what happens, hopefully ill get a score watch alert lol. no wonder discover denied me with a 710 and no collections, they pulled equifax and thats the report that had a red flag on it :/ will keep you guys posted

Message 9 of 19
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:

just did that, lady told me it should take 48 hours so by the time my statements cut and i leave 2% utility we shall see what happens, hopefully ill get a score watch alert lol. no wonder discover denied me with a 710 and no collections, they pulled equifax and thats the report that had a red flag on it :/ will keep you guys posted

Fraud alerts should not cause any score flux.. I had to deal with multiple, multiple MULTIPLE (haha) , I am talking 10+ improper fraud alerts when I decided to stupidly send GW letters to try to remove INQs when I was house shopping.

I understand you have a firm grip on what makes your FICO tick, so this is by no means accusatory, but something had to have changed UTIL wise or something. 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.