cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light enforcement ticket PAID! WONT REMOVE - PLEASE HELP!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Re: Red Light enforcement ticket PAID! WONT REMOVE - PLEASE HELP!

The collection agency.  I have been sending letters to the original creditor the county.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@glamchick wrote:

The collection agency.  I have been sending letters to the original creditor the county.

Ok, let me see if I understand everything.

The collection agency told you "PLEASE CONTACT US SO YOUR CREDIT RECORD MAY BE CLEARED FOR THESE UNPAID CITATIONS", correct?

The collection agency is reporting on your credit report and not the original creditor (the county), correct?

The two GWs you mentioned have been to the collection agency and they are the ones who have responded to both about a paid-in-full letter, correct?

Message 22 of 25
glamchick
Established Contributor

No I sent the GW letters to the county (OC) and they both responded with " will not delete, will only post as paid on your credit report"

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@glamchick wrote:

No I sent the GW letters to the county (OC) and they both responded with " will not delete, will only post as paid on your credit report"

The county cannot delete what they never posted to your credit report.  Only the entity that reports to your credit report can change the entry.

Now, the other two questions have not been answered.  Without all the facts, it is not possible to find a possible solution.

The collection agency told you "PLEASE CONTACT US SO YOUR CREDIT RECORD MAY BE CLEARED FOR THESE UNPAID CITATIONS", correct?

The collection agency is reporting on your credit report and not the original creditor (the county), correct?

Message 24 of 25
glamchick
Established Contributor

Got it... so I need to send a letter to the CA, which I put in the mail today!!!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.