Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance Prosper loan?

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Refinance Prosper loan?

I took out a loan with Prosper about six months ago with a really high interest rate (17.22%), and the point was to get my debt out of a relative's name, so I would do it all over again. But I'm beginning to wonder if it would be worth the trouble (hard inquiry, fees, potential new account) of applying for a new loan to try to get that interest lower. Since getting the loan, I've continued rebuilding, and I have three CCs (two opened in the last few months), all at or near zero but used regularly (limits of 2500-4000), my student loans (11k), and, of course, the Propser loan (12k), which we've made extra payments on whenever possible. My FAKO score is at about 720, although I realize that's not a reliable number.

If you have any experience with refinancing a consumer loan or any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks. 

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinance Prosper loan?

Check out SoFi. EX score needs to be above 700 with no baddies.
Message 2 of 5
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

I'll check that out, but it sounds like I won't be a good candidate. I'm two years out from BK.  

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SFernandez13461 wrote:

I'll check that out, but it sounds like I won't be a good candidate. I'm two years out from BK.  

You need to first get your true FICO scores. You can do a 7 day trial with credit check total for one dollar, and thta will get you all three FICO 8 scores. We just can't make any useful recommendations from your CK score.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

SoFi would be a no go with a BK showing.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.