Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing with CU...?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Refinancing with CU...?

I called my credit union to inquire about refinancing our auto loan, we have a 2005 Nissan Quest with 102,__ miles on it, they said they typically dont refi autos over 100,000 but since it wasn't way over 100,000 they would but it would be different than regular refiancing some how and said it'd be based on credit (isnt it always?) what it's worth, and how much we want to finance. We owe $9,856... it's worth $8,200 in very good condition (and it is), so we're $1,600 upside down.. my husband has never been late on this payment, we've had the loan since January 2012, he has 2 collections on his CR both 5+ years old, a FP CO settled in February, and a repo from 2008. His EQ FICO is 584... I know CU's are more forgiving and will finance sooner than a bank will.. but just wondering if this is even worth the HP.. we also wanted to apply for their CC and were thinking they could use the same credit pull to approve a credit card and the refinance.. that way it's just 1 HP... I've never been through a refi before so any info is appreciated.. TIA! (currently waiting for a collection to be deleted, a cap1 secured to report, and FH revolving to report, so should get a score jump when those report, but we're wanting to refi before we put too many more miles on it, so these things won't have taken affect by the time we apply...)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Refinancing with CU...?

You might want to wait for the collection account is deleted first. every little point you gain can make a huge difference in your apr for the loan.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.