Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Insurance covered baddies

tag
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Regarding Insurance covered baddies

If you have baddies on your credit that are all paid by the insurance company, but they were late on paying them for you, what would you suggest the steps to take to get them removed?

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Regarding Insurance covered baddies

To make I sure I understand the post are you saying they were paid by insurance company prior to be sent to a CA?  If so call the original creditor and ask why was this snet to the collection agency when the insurance company paid you for this.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 5
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

The baddie is form the OC. It said Paid/Late. The insurance company was supposed to pay the bill. Now all it sais it late/Paid.We tried to dispute them that it was not our fault the debt wasn't paid, they came back and verified it is ours.

Message 3 of 5
GregB
Valued Contributor

It is yours so a dispute wouldn't work as "not yours". You are the customer of the OC and are responsible for anything not paid by your insurance. I think we need more information of what was late and why?

Most OCs will wait for the insurance to pay if they are billing them directly. Is there some reason that the insurance didn't pay according to their normal terms? Did the OC bill the insurance company directly?

Message 4 of 5
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

It is my girlfriends. We never realized they were there until we tried to app for something and it showed up. They are 2 years old. Not sure why, but she had some major surgery, and everything was supposed to be covered. We are attempting to contact the insurance company, but we do not know why they moved on with collections instead of waiting for the insurance company to pay it. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.