Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regulations for Billing Address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regulations for Billing Address

I have an entire year of consecutive 30-day lates because my military allotments didn't start correctly -- I was deployed. In any case, I found out that Fairlane was sending my bills to my previous address so I had no knowledge of these late payments. The funny thing is I was paying about 300 over the minimum. They won't budge and I'm somewhat discouraged. I KNOW there's something out there about sending and receiving bills at the correct address? Ring a bell anyone?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: Regulations for Billing Address

Stupid question but I have to ask

Did you file a change of address with them?
Did you file a change of address with the post office? If so, do you still have the anything with the little yellow sticker proving the new address?

The will only send a bill to the last known address on your file and there is nothing illegal about it, it is your responsibility as the debtor and consumer to make the corrections.

If you did them they should have it in their files.

Send them a letter asking for any and all info on your account including payment posting dates, match them with your checks or money orders you sent and reconcile them with your bank account as when they were deposited and processed by your bank to establish a time line on each payment.

There may have been only 1 late payment that they carried over for 12 mos, or a late payment fee.
Auto lenders are infamous for doing this, I send 100 bucks more then my payment every month and was late once, I did not send anything in writting telling them to take the previous late fee out f my overpayment and it carried over for 4 mos + they charged me late fees on the late fee go figure.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.