Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinsertion of Deleted item on CR

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Reinsertion of Deleted item on CR

An item that was previously deleted from my credit report has been reinserted.  I contacted the CRA, and the representative told me that the item that was deleted and the item being reported are different account nunmbers.  The balance was the same, but the account numbers were different.  I got the copy of my report from when the item was reported and immediately after it was deleted, and it is the exact same account number as being reported now. 

What are the laws governing reinsertion of items on CR?  And what means of recourse do I have?  I am looking for an immediate resolution.  Will on of the senior contributors please help???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Reinsertion of Deleted item on CR

They can be reinserted but, the CRA is to notify you in writing within 5 days of its reinsertion.

Was it deleted due to a dispute?

Message 2 of 6
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

It was removed due to dispute.  And the CRA didn't notify within 5 days.  Score Watch notified me.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like guiness said, they can but they have to follow the law.

FCRA §611(a)(5)(B)

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reinsertion of previously deleted material from your CR is controlled by FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).  It is not that difficult.

Basically, to reinsert previously deleted material, the party must fle a certification that the information is complete and accurate,

The CRA must then provide written notice to you, within 5 days, notifying you that the information has been reinserted, and the name and address of the furnisher of the information.

Of that is done, reinsertion is permissible.

Message 5 of 6
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I called and raised holy hell and initiated another dispute over the item.  Just looked at truecredit and the item is not showing on my report anymore.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.