Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstate charged off Synchrony Bank account

tag
AMil93
Established Member

Reinstate charged off Synchrony Bank account

Hi!

I have two charge offs through Synchrony Bank. The walmart account was charged off at $649($343 past due) and the Amazon account was charged off at $2115($623 past due). The accounts were not sold, but transferred to assigned collection agencies. Any attempts to negotiate with the original creditor have been turned down on the basis that they no longer have my account information. Any attempts to negotiate with ERC(walmart account) were met with "Let's set up a payment plan, then once the account is paid in full you can speak with the OC as they hold the power to delete things from your credit report." 

I feel as though I hit a brick wall. I want to try one more thing. Has anyone had any luck with asking the OC to reinstate the Walmart account and delete any negative information in exchange for full payment? I can't do this with the Amazon account, so any other tips for handling this debt would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Reinstate charged off Synchrony Bank account

You might be better off posting this to the rebuilding forum

I sincerely doubt that Synchrony will reinstate your WM account. From what I have read, they won't do a PFD which essentially is what you are asking for. And, the answer from the CA is pretty typical of what I would expect. If hey don't collect, they don't make any money. And since they can't guarantee a PFD that's why they worded it that way. I'd almost think you'd be better off just settling the CO for less than the original amount (I'm sure they can work something out) and just having it report as PIF for less than amount due than leaving it alone though
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.