Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of Abstract of Judgment Texas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Release of Abstract of Judgment Texas

Thanks sidewinder. I really appreciate your help. I am getting copies and highlighting that exact wording to see what happens.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, today we received in the mail the original release of abstract in the mail. The county clerk did tell us that we would receive it in the mail after they recorded the information and downloaded it. So, since we received the original in the mail, shouldn't this get deleted? The way I am looking at it is if it was still on record, wouldn't the courthouse keep the original and just send us copies? She did make us copies while we were there just in case we needed them for proof. Or, is this normal? I am hoping this means there is no longer a public record on files. We had a tax lien that was paid in 11/06 and we never received the paperwork like we have on this, so that's what is raising this question again. The federal tax lien will continue to report until 11/2013 I found on an old cr that we had. If anyone has been through this process in Texas, please let me know. Thanks!
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump...has anyone received the original release of judgment with original signatures, notary stamp, and "stickers/labels" after paying a judgment? Just curious. Thanks!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone?
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to update this and let everyone know that Transunion deleted the judgment!!!! I am not sure about the other 2 CRA's yet, but will update when I find out!

It sure would have been great to get a bucket change, but there is a paid Tax Lien on there that will not fall off until 2013 so I guess no bucket change or score increase for getting this deleted, but glad to see it wiped off.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.........wish you success with the other two.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update this post. I finally purchased another TU report from here and the score increased 15 points just from the judgment being deleted! Everything else is the same as some cc's have not posted yet to report a zero balance. I was shocked because there is still a paid tax lien reporting so I did not think there would be a score change at all with this being released. TU went from 589 (less than a week ago) to 604!!! I cannot wait until the cc's report their new balances because some were over 100% util. NEVER NEVER have had any CRA with a score over 589-so seeing 604 almost made me fall outta my chair!

Sidewinder-hats off to you and everyone else here. You are always straight and to the point and I appreciate the words of encouragement you give to others! Many kudos to you!!! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update to this post. I spoke with a rep from CSC (Equifax) today and she reviewed the copy of the judgment that I sent them and it is also being deleted. She said that it would take 7-10 days to reflect on my credit report. I asked why it would take so long and she said that she was actually rushing the delete as the 1st rep that received this just went in and updated it as "satisfied" and since it was their error, she was glad to put a rush on this after speaking to her supervisor to have it deleted. YAY!!! 2 down and 1 to go. I think it will end up remaining on EX since I have contacted them several times and they are fighting me telling me that they can only "update" judgments and that they are not ever allowed to just "delete" them. But, I am going to be persistant and hopefully I will get ahold of the right person one day...until that one day I will continue to call.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY! Smiley HappyJust pulled Equifax freebie report (monitoring 3 in 1 by EQ direct) and...judgment DELETED!!! I am so glad. I did hire an attorney today for other issues I am pursing and as I was leaving I inquired about the wording on this release. I was advised that since it does say "release and dischage" TU and EQ did the right thing by deleting. He is sending a letter with his letterhead to EX with a copy of the release for them to delete. I am soooooo excited! I will update with the progress on EX. Smiley Very Happy
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.