cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder letter to CRA to remove old collection?

tag
Lysergic
Established Member

Reminder letter to CRA to remove old collection?

Greetings all,

I tried searching this particular topic but did not find any relevant posts.

I have an old Bank of America collection from mid 2007 that is scheduled to fall off this July-August. I'm aware that collections can remain up to 7.5 years but I was wondering if it would do any good to send the 3 credit bureaus a reminder letter to remove said collection? Normally I would just wait the extra 2-3 months but I will likely be buying a car this summer and would like to get the best possible interest rates.

Has anyone had success in sending the bureaus a reminder letter to remove old collections that were ready to fall off?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Starting Score: 578 across the board
Current Score: EQ 778 EX 774 TU 780
Goal Score: 800 across the board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reminder letter to CRA to remove old collection?

@Lysergic wrote:
Greetings all,

I tried searching this particular topic but did not find any relevant posts.

I have an old Bank of America collection from mid 2007 that is scheduled to fall off this July-August. I'm aware that collections can remain up to 7.5 years but I was wondering if it would do any good to send the 3 credit bureaus a reminder letter to remove said collection? Normally I would just wait the extra 2-3 months but I will likely be buying a car this summer and would like to get the best possible interest rates.

Has anyone had success in sending the bureaus a reminder letter to remove old collections that were ready to fall off?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

3 months prior to their scheduled drop date I would either call or write the CRA asking for its early removal and do so once a month until they are gone. Many have had success with this. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Lysergic
Established Member

Re: Reminder letter to CRA to remove old collection?

Thank you for the reply. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

I will call first and then send CMRRR letters if necessary.

Starting Score: 578 across the board
Current Score: EQ 778 EX 774 TU 780
Goal Score: 800 across the board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.