Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal Success

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Removal Success

Small but I'll take it. 

Per the forums I have read that you can request, so to speak, that items that are scheduled to "fall off" be removed early.  Well, my DH checked my TU and EX reports and saw a couple that were to fall off no later than early next year.  He took the proverbial plunge for me.  Here's the lowdown/breakdown:

2 accounts.  $518 and $88 respectively.  10/2014 and 12/2014 were dates to be "removed".

Went online yesterday 8/7/2014 and initiated a dispute with TU and EX.  There was no option to choose that said something to the effect of "to old" or whatever.  So he chose just a random option that wasn't specific, and in the comments put that we would like early removal/exclusion.  Got an email from TU toda 8/8/2014 that said dispute finished.  Checked and both were deleted!!!!  YAY!

That leaves just 5 baddies on my TU report -

Cap One 30 day late from Nov 2011 (Cap One won't budge but I keep trying)

2 medical collections scheduled to fall off 4/15 and 1/16 (working on these)

2 paid student loans scheduled to fall of 12/2015 (dunno if anything can be done about these so just wait)

Now just to wait to see what Exp decides!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removal Success

Oh I also meant to add that per Discover IT TU is 637 but hasn't updated this month yet.  Maybe I will see a jump Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
itswink
New Contributor

Re: Removal Success

If you havent already, research the HIPAA process for the medicals. It cant be discussed here. Google is your friend.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.