cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of 30 day late on history???????

tag
Chell3719

Removal of 30 day late on history???????

I need some help.  I am working on building my FICO score back up.  I had one late payment in 2007 and one in 2008.  They were my fault - I was on a business trip and didin't have things set up on autopay and missed them. However, I have one late payment recorded from this year with Macy's.  I did miss the payment as due to Macy's AmEx card I have two bills - one on internal charges and one on external.  I missed the first one thinking it was my other bill due 2 weeks later.  They called me at home and said if I paid it over the phone it would not affect my credit.  I did and now it is showing on my credit.  I have high balances on a couple of accounts, but paid 90% of all my balances last week (so that should come down), but that late payment is hurting me.  Do I have any options???????  My credit is getting dinged for new account in last year, but that was my mortgage (after a divorce) I can't change that.  Any thoughts or ideas or lessons learned would be great.... Smiley Happy

Thank you so much,

Chell

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Removal of 30 day late on history???????

Your best bet is to send them a GW letter. If all of your payments have been on time since then, you may get lucky and they may remove them. If you have the person's name that you spoke with about not gigging your CR, you can bring that up.

If that doesn't work, maybe someone can chime in with a backdoor number/email address. If all else fails, ask the BBB to ask them to remove them. Smiley Happy

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You could GW them, that would seem to be your best option at this time.  Be nice and polite.  It's getting closer to the holidays so maybe someone will be in good spirits.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
Chell3719

Thank you for your responses.  I had never heard of GW letters before.  I will give it a try and see what happens.  I guess it never hurts to ask.  

Thanks again,

Chell

Message 4 of 8
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

If you were only 2 weeks late, they can not report a 30 day late on the account...unless you mean you didn't pay it at all because of the other bill.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 5 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Also just to let you know, those 30 day lates really aren't hurting you.  They're old and lose their bite after 2 years.  Just so you know.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 8
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

I think OPs worry is more the fact he's had one from the last year - and thus the he paid it 2 weeks late. If I'm reading that correctly.

@Shogun wrote:

Also just to let you know, those 30 day lates really aren't hurting you.  They're old and lose their bite after 2 years.  Just so you know.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What were the actual dates involved in the reported late?

The credit reporting system does not record "lates" in the same manner as creditors.  It ignores simple delinquencies on acct payment until it reaches 30 days past billing due date.

Being late with a creditor is, of course, failure to meet your account agreement, and can lead to late fees, etc.

But lates do not become reportable to a consumer's credit file until they exceed 30 days beyond the billing due date.

If they are reporting a simple account delinquency when the account was paid back into good standing prior to 30 days from its due date, they have mis-reported.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.