Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of AU status on a CO?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Removal of AU status on a CO?

@Anonymous wrote:

Will there be any issues if I contact Chase? As stated earlier the account has already been settled but will not come of CB until 2019. I don't want to poke the bear....

Hi Redangler... lots of discussion on this one!

In my opinion, it won't hurt anything (especially since the account was settled); in your DW's case the 'bear' should be fine.  Smiley Wink

There is a chance Chase won't talk to you since you weren't their customer (your DW was) but in that case you could have her call.  There is precedent for this; there was a thread where someone was having a problem being removed from a Macy's/DSNB account and Macy's wouldn't talk to him since it was his ex-wife's account (it was quite a problem). 

Thankfully in your case there's no 'ex' involved, so even if you get push-back from Chase you can get the "original customer" (your DW) to speak to them directly.

If that doesn't work, I would still go the dispute route; the 'controversy' here aside, it did work for me - more than once.  Smiley Wink

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal of AU status on a CO?

I don't want to derail the post but my situation is very similar. My soon to be ex-husband added me to his capital one account as an AU and when I tried to gw a closed secured card I had with them, they told me that I was an AU on a bankruptcy charge off account. The card is not on my report, however, Can I remove myself as an AU from this card after it has already been added to a bk in 2015. They won't give me any more information than I was an AU, now I don't know if me getting GW denials for my lates is because of this.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.