cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Judgment on Credit Report

tag
kikib

Removal of Judgment on Credit Report

I need some advice. I'm in the process of repairing my own credit. I need a little guidance. I got a Discover Credit Card in 1998 (college). The credit card went into Collections and I started making payments on the account but stopped in 2008. They later sued me and started garnishing my check about a year and a half ago. I have completely paid them off but it shows up as a judgment on my credit report. I know judgments stay on for 7 years. It's having a serious impact on my score. Anything I can do?

Also I have a medical bill on their that's in collection. It's been there since 2008 is there anything I can do to get it removed besides paying it off

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Removal of Judgment on Credit Report

@kikib wrote:

I need some advice. I'm in the process of repairing my own credit. I need a little guidance. I got a Discover Credit Card in 1998 (college). The credit card went into Collections and I started making payments on the account but stopped in 2008. They later sued me and started garnishing my check about a year and a half ago. I have completely paid them off but it shows up as a judgment on my credit report. I know judgments stay on for 7 years. It's having a serious impact on my score. Anything I can do?

Also I have a medical bill on their that's in collection. It's been there since 2008 is there anything I can do to get it removed besides paying it off

Thanks

Hi kikib and welcome to the forums. If the judgement was satisfied you would need to contact your local court and asked if it can be vacated. Not sure what state you're in. As far as the medical collection I would call the hospital and ask if they can pull the account back from the CA. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 3
kikib

Re: Removal of Judgment on Credit Report

I'm in Louisiana by the way. Thank you I'm going to try that. Wish me luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.