Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of a late pay?

tag
rycoop
New Contributor

Removal of a late pay?

Hi All!

Quick question... My TU is 639 and my EQ is 620. I have some VERY old paid charge off and collections. BUT everything current has been wonderful (at least the last 2 years or better). My question is this.... My Old Navy shows late pay from April 12. I have called Old Navy Credit Card. The lady says it's not late as far as she can see and she was sending a letter stating that. Then I can contact the CRA and have them update it.

HOW MUCH WILL THIS CORRECTION HELP MY SCORES? Any suggestions? Simulator doesn't offer that. Also I had a collection pop up for 49.00. When I called the agency they said it was for an eye doctor bill from August. I paid that in August on my bill payer to the eye doctor directly. I had to fax in copies to the CA. They are going to fix it. What do you think "guestimation" wise, what will happen to my scores??? Any ideas?? Thanks for ANY AND ALL FEED BACK.

Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removal of a late pay?

A 30 day late is a minor derog.  It hits hard at first but fades quickly, after a year it's lost a lot of punch, and about all of it after 2.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removal of a late pay?

Their rep misdirected their obligation.  It is their reponsibility, not yours.

If they are aware of an inaccuracy in their reporting, they have the statutory obligation to correct it.  FCRA 623(a)(2).

CRAs delete based on instructions from the furnisher, not the consumer.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.