Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of an account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal of an account

Hi I'm new on here and have no idea how to post a new message. Anyway, I just had a quick question. I recently checked my credit report and had this debt that belonged to my ex since 2001. Long story short the jerk never paid the bill and I was the co-signer so I got screwed. I obviously could not pay it off so I let it go. This debt has been haunting me since, by having high interest rates. So I decided to check out my report and saw that it said this debt will be on my credit report till Feb 2009. Can't remember the exact wording but it was along those lines. Does this mean that it will finally disappear off my report??? That is the one thing that lenders see when I try to get a credit card. I always get a letter saying denied because I have some kind of debt which is that. So anyway, I'm just wondering after Feb 2009 will that finally be gone? Thanks for your help!
Message Edited by sidewinder on 01-21-2009 07:05 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal of an account

Hello carolina,

Welcome to the forums. I've moved your post over to a new thread.

To start a new thread, when you are on the main forum, at the top of the listings of the different threads, you will see something that says "new message", click on that.

I edited your post just to change the subject line but didn't change the message itself.

Concerning your question-- If it says it will be removed Feb 2009, then it should be off your reports for good by the end of Feb. Keep copies of your reports that show this incase anyone ever tries to change the dates and report this on your report again, then you will have proof that it is too old to be reporting.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.