Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of baddies on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal of baddies on credit report

Hi everyone!

If you look at last posts of mine you can see the jorney I've been on of bringing my scores from ~500 to almost 700 in the past couple of years.  Right now my score flucuates right around 680 (I have the monthly service with Credit Check Total) and I'm trying to finally get over that 700 hump.  I think the things that are holding me back now are 2 accounts that were charged off that I paid in full, but they are showing up as serious delinquincies and potentially negative items.

I was wondering if you guys knew anything that I can do about them (early deletion, good will, whatever the case may be) so that I can try to finally have 0 negative items on my credit reports.

Here is the information that I have gathered so far:

Capital One Bank USA

PO BOX 30285

SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84130

800 227 4825

Status

Paid in settlement. $1,071 written off.

Remarks: 

DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR; >SETTLED-LESS THAN FULL BLNC<; CLOSED

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 

06/2018

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brandon

Verizon Wireless

PO BOX 26055

MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55426

800 852 1922

Status

Paid in settlement.

Remarks: 

ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; >SETTLED-LESS THAN FULL BLNC<; >PAID COLLECTION<

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 

11/2020

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removal of baddies on credit report

Do you have current relationships with either Cap 1 or Verizon?  The settlement part is tough since it's likely already been written off and there's no real incentive for either to remove early.  I had a couple of settlement accounts and even offered to pay the settlement balance but the cardholders weren't able to accept payment since they were already written off.  

Calling Cap 1 is an options.  If you don't currently have a relationship explain the past and see what hey might offer.  If you don't have a relationship, so you want one?  

I would start the GW campaign for Verizon.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal of baddies on credit report

I'm not sure what you mean by relatioonships, I currently have 5 credit cards with Cap One, all in good standing and I don't have Verizon anymore, haven't used them in years (since the CO).

Do you have any information on how I contact these companies?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.