Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of negative collection on CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal of negative collection on CR?

I recently have 2 collections on my account. One is for $100 with CBCS and one is for $200 with CMI. These are only a couple months old. I am planning on paying these balances this friday. My question is what is the best method to ensure these collections are removed as quickly as possible. Should I pay the OC the past due amount and ask them to have the collection agency remove the reports or should I pay the collection agency and ask they remove the negative collection report.

Also, I have a collection still on my credit report from Credit Protection Agency. The date assigned was mid 2008 with a status of "Paid collection". Am I able to contact Credit Protection Agency and have them remove this as well?

I'm really trying to get my credit back on track and want to know the best method to remove these collections. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Removal of negative collection on CR?

I would send a PFD to the CA

for the already paid Collection you can try GW to the CA

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 7
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Yep if you've already paid the collection, send GW letters. The process can take a while but a lot of us have had success. I'm 2-for-2 with GW's and struggling with a 3rd. As far as unpaid collections, send a PFD letter. Run a search on PFD's on MyFico and you'll get some good examples. Congrats on starting the battle to fixing your credit. The fun begins.....NOW!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 3 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently have 2 collections on my account. One is for $100 with CBCS and one is for $200 with CMI. These are only a couple months old. I am planning on paying these balances this friday. My question is what is the best method to ensure these collections are removed as quickly as possible. Should I pay the OC the past due amount and ask them to have the collection agency remove the reports or should I pay the collection agency and ask they remove the negative collection report.

Also, I have a collection still on my credit report from Credit Protection Agency. The date assigned was mid 2008 with a status of "Paid collection". Am I able to contact Credit Protection Agency and have them remove this as well?

I'm really trying to get my credit back on track and want to know the best method to remove these collections. Any help is appreciated.

Calling the OC is a waste of time IMO.  They can't really "pull back" - The only time, IMO, to involve an OC is if you want to go the HIPAA route or the OC is reporting.  If only the CA is reporting, PFD with the CA.  And be sure to GET IT IN WRITING before you do pay.  I hear that you are excited to get this paid on Friday, right?  Well, hold onto your horses.  You might have to do some work to get the CA to agree to PFD.  Good Luck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the replies. I will send out the PFD to the 2 collections and a GW to the other. Where is the best place to find the address for those 3 CA's so I can send them the letters? (I'm sure these places have more than one location. I want to make sure they get to the right place)

I also have to say that I spent the better part of the morning reading articles and such on various websites regarding credit restoration and was having a difficult time determining whether or not my situation applies. I stumbled across these forums and it's obvious that this is the best resource...period. Thank you all and I will be sure to let others know of the expertise found within these forums.

I will updated you all when progress is made!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update. I have sent PFD and GW letters (5 total) to the corresponding original companies, so far I have received a postive response on 1 PFD and 1 GW.

I received a reply to another GW letter today, but unfortunately it was denied. I did a quick check on printed credit reports as I knew the 7 year drop is happening sometime this year. It only appears on my Experian report, but I'm a bit confused as to the nature of it's validity.

On the Experian report, the account in question shows it was orginially CO (charged off) on Sep 2005. From that point on it reads ND (no data reported) up until Nov 2011. For Nov 2011 it shows CO (charged-off) and then Dec 2011 is shows CLS (closed).

Does this mean that it restarts again starting at Dec 2011 or will it drop from the 7 year mark from Sep 2005??

Message 6 of 7
archieb
Established Member

It should be 7.5 years from date of first delinq. So with regards to the first CO

Starting Score:(3/2012) EQ 604,TU98 560
Current Score: (4/2012) EQ 612,TU98 595
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.