Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of trade line same as deletion?

tag
Draco007
New Contributor

Removal of trade line same as deletion?

I am trying to PFD with a difficult CA.  They sent a letter that says "...Upon reciept of payment will request removal of tradeline with Experian, Equifax and Trans Union of all accounts."

Is this the same as a full deletion of the collection item?  I'm not that familar with the term tradeline.  Does it mean the whole negative report, or just the payment history and status?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal of trade line same as deletion?

Yes..if they say...remove the TL...that's all that matters...I would rather see that...than remove negative info...the TL is the entire listing...CONGRATS!!!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish someone would send me one of those letters. lol CONGRATS!
Message 3 of 9
Draco007
New Contributor

Oh, don't get too jealous -- nobody signed it.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to understand that it may be against the CA's contract they have signed and agreed to with the CRA's about deleting tl's. Not everyone wants to lose their job for breaking the rules.

I can understand if the person helping doesn't want to get into trouble. I guess at this point, you have to decide if you can trust them with the paperwork you do have. Maybe call the person you are working with to make sure it wasn't an over sight.

I sent a GW to one CA who was not able to do a PFD. Of course, I paid it anyway as I did owe it. I was shocked to get my original GW letter back and see someone wrote on the bottom of it that it would be deleted. It was not signed and after all the prior attempts of calling this CA begging, I can see why. It's not their policy, but someone chose to help me and break the rules.
Message 5 of 9
Draco007
New Contributor

Ok, now I'm really confused.  We shouldn't insist a PFD agreement is signed?  This CA is not doing me any favors.  They won't budge on the amount or high interest they are charging.  They have been terrible to work with.  I don't trust them at all. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, there is nothing to make them accept a PFD or even answer your request for one.

I have never insisted they be signed. I have had to trust a few who wouldn't even send me any paperwork regarding removal, based on what I posted above. Alot of people hate CA's and their horrible practices. I have been fortunate to deal with many local only and not some of the big time JDB's we see posted here every day. I still would not go out of my way, for the local one's I was dealing with to go so far as to cost a person their job by requesting this. It just doesn't seem right to me. Of course, this is my opinion only, other's may certainly disagree.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will say, that based on how difficult you say they are to work with, then you seem to be doing well to have received a letter from them. Depending on who it is, they may be lying and trying to just trick you into paying it. Again, you are basically asking for a compromise. Not all are very honest. The best you can do if they won't send a signed letter, would be to pay if you feel you owe it. Hope they live up to their word and if not, you have something to try to use as a dispute to the CRA's later. Smiley Happy

And I forgot to say Congrats! Hopefully it all works out for you.
Message 8 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Draco007 wrote:
I am trying to PFD with a difficult CA.  They sent a letter that says "...Upon reciept of payment will request removal of tradeline with Experian, Equifax and Trans Union of all accounts."

Is this the same as a full deletion of the collection item?  I'm not that familar with the term tradeline.  Does it mean the whole negative report, or just the payment history and status?

Is this on the CAs letterhead? If not, don't send a penny.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.