Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal, will I see an increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal, will I see an increase?

I got verizon to agree to remove an item off of my credit report for a late payment on an account.  The account stayed within VZW's in house collections and the status is the following;

Current Status 120+ days past due

DOLA June 2010

Account type: Open account

Balance is 0 since I paid it when I found out about it

Description is; Paid collections

I don't have a negative flag indicator for this account suprisingly, but this will be removed.  Will I see a point increase by the deletion of this?

Transunion has this listed as paid off after chargeoff or collection as the current status

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal, will I see an increase?

Oh, and it says this;

30 days late: 0

60 days late: 0

90 days late: 0

Worst delinquency: None reported

Message 2 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Is there a dispute comment?

Message 3 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

How did you get it removed? Can you pm me the contacts you used?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

Yes, there has been a dispute comment on it for about it year since the first time I disputed it.  When I first disputed it my score did not increase or decrease

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duncanrr wrote:
How did you get it removed? Can you pm me the contacts you used?

I went thru the BBB.  This was a bill I was not aware of and never received anything from VZW and was even told when I paid the account off I had a 0 dollar balance.  I had someone from VZW contact me and even with all that he was very reluctant to remove the derogatory item.  After begging for 15 minutes he finally sent it over to charge offs and called me back after the weekend to let me know it will be removed from all 3 agencies.  Score increase or not, I've been told by 2 creditors that this item and another Collection item are killing me.  I only have AFNI to remove and I'm clean!

Message 6 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Yes, there has been a dispute comment on it for about it year since the first time I disputed it.  When I first disputed it my score did not increase or decrease

That's why there's no red flag. Once removed the only impact score-wise would be the impact due to AAoA, and that's because FICO is ignoring the baddie references within the TL now anyway due to the dispute comment.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

That's why there's no red flag. Once removed the only impact score-wise would be the impact due to AAoA, and that's because FICO is ignoring the baddie references within the TL now anyway due to the dispute comment.

So I won't see any increase from the deletion?

Message 8 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on the change, if any, to your AAoA once removed.

I too had a VZW deletion, but due to a PFD. That dispute comment lingered for over a year. Once it disappeared, zero FICO change. The points came back when the comment first appeared.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thanks a lot.  I'll have to hold off.  I didn't know that type of account effected AAOA. 

This leaves me only AFNI to battle.  I can't get them to respond to anything Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.