Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removals from CR's

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Removals from CR's

Good afternoon everyone. I'm not sure if this has been address but I do see a lot of postings where I think some folks get confused on. When you have an entry removed from your credit report for what ever reason it is, please keep in mind if it's not PFD PIF, all the CRA's do is remove it from your current file and put it in, I like to say your folder and it stays there. I believe many people think that when a TL is removed without being taken care of properly they think they don't have to worry about it anymore. Unpaid debt will always follow you.

Guiness, Shogun and Robert. Please let me know if I'm some what correct on this or atlease close to it lol.

For the record I see a lot of negative responses to people who come here to seek assistance and help. I feel the bad remarks should be kept to yourself and if you want to take your low class thoughts on someone go to the forums on credit.com where they don't know anything.

Have a good and safe weekend if any of you live on the east coast!!!!! Major blizzard heading your way!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removals from CR's

Two distinct animals of credit report removal.  Credit file deletions, and credit report exclusions.

When a furnisher has provided adverse information that has aged past its credit report exclusion period, such as a collection with a DOFD of more than 7 yrs/180 days prior, the information is not deleted from the consumer's credit file.  The CRA is prohibited from including that information in normal credit reports they issue after that date.

That exclusion is not absolute, as section 605(b) provides an exemption of all of the credit report exclusion periods in limited situations.  Thus, the CRA retains the info until they choose to purge their files, such as after 10 years from account closure.

Many consumers erroneously believe that exclusion based on section 605(a) results in deletion of the information from their credit file.

However, when a furnisher reports a deletion to the CRAs of prior reporting, it is what it says.  Deleted.  After deletion, it is gone, and thus cannot be included in subsequent credit reports.

Message 2 of 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Removals from CR's

Very well put!!!! Thank you for your input Robert. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.