Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removals with No Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removals with No Increase

I recently have been able to delete 3 negative items off of my Trans Union Credit Report. They were one lien, one judgement and one charge off... I'm Pumped.  However, while tracking my scores with My Fico, I have seen absolutely no increase in my immediate score.  It seems the only way I can get a bump in score is if I add a new line of credit or paydown and existing credit card. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the increase to take effect from these deletions?  Thank You   

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removals with No Increase

You'll see the change when the next alert triggering event happens. Unfortunately, removal of negative items doesn't trigger an alert with myfico.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently have been able to delete 3 negative items off of my Trans Union Credit Report. They were one lien, one judgement and one charge off... I'm Pumped.  However, while tracking my scores with My Fico, I have seen absolutely no increase in my immediate score.  It seems the only way I can get a bump in score is if I add a new line of credit or paydown and existing credit card. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the increase to take effect from these deletions?  Thank You   

Congrats on the removals! I am waiting for a few to purged from my reports, too. 

Please keep us posted on the score increase when you see it. 

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

As you discovered, you have to do both:  remove the negatives and put in positive accounts in order to see a score increase. Most of the time you have to work on the negatives first so you are in a position to add new accounts and new positive history to overcome the older derogs. Keep plugging away. You have done a good job so far.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.