Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Dispute Comments

tag
Stiltzy
Valued Member

Remove Dispute Comments

So before I found this board I disupted direct w/ the CRA's, and even with the PFD and DV process I have initiated since I naturally have Dispute comments all over my reports. Ive seen a name at EQ floating around if someone could share the contact info to have the comments removed, and also any contact for EX and TU to get the dispute notations removed would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Remove Dispute Comments

I will assume that the dispute was made through a CRA.

If that is the case, the responsibility for removing the dispute flag rests with the CRA, not the creditor/debt collector.

It would only rest with the creditor/debt collector if it were a direct dispute, as the CRA is not part of that process.

The creditor/debt collector responds back to the CRA as part of the dispute process, but the dispute is not resolved until the CRA completes its "reinvestigation" and sends notice of the results to the consumer.  They conclude the dispute.  It is then their responsibility to update their own files to record their completion of the process.  It should be a simple, final administrative check-mark on their list of things to do.

I would contact the CRA and request they update their files to reflect their own action.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.