Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Paid Collection (Midland)

tag
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Remove Paid Collection (Midland)

Hi folks,

Before I knew better (ie before joining these forums), I had an account that went to collections (Midland).  I paid it, without knowing that I could ask for a PFD.  I have the following letter from them at the time I paid:

"The above-referenced account was settled in full on 02-28-2014.

You have no further financial oblidation regarding MCM account xxxx.

If this account is being reported onyour credit bureau report, an update will be sent to the three major consumer reporting agencies instructing them to report the account as paid in full. If you have any questions regarding when this change will be reflected on your report, please contact the reporting agencies in writing or by calling..."

However, this is how this tradeline appears on my credit report (from Experian, but the others are similar):

Status:  Paid in settlement. Status Details:  This account is scheduled to continue on record until Nov 2018.

Date Opened:
09/2013
Reported Since:
10/2013
Date of Status:
05/2014
Last Reported:
05/2014
Type:
Debt Buyer
Terms:
1 Months
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual
Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$318
High Balance:
NA
Recent Balance:
NA
Recent Payment:
NA
Comment:  Account paid in full for less than full balance

I am annoyed with Midland that they informed me the account would be reported as "paid in full" but it appears as "paid in settlement/paid in full for less than full balance". I am annoyed at myself that I didn't know to negotiate a PFD.

What is my best chance to get the entire thing deleted from my credit reports or, at least, reported slightly more favorably as simply "paid in full"? Do I have any shot at all?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove Paid Collection (Midland)

Polite, straight forward, non threatening plea of help in the means of a Good Will letter

Message 2 of 3
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Remove Paid Collection (Midland)

@Anonymous wrote:

Polite, straight forward, non threatening plea of help in the means of a Good Will letter

Yes. Your only option. No difference to you score that it says that. Just on manual review. If needed   As long as it is closed. The status change from open to closed hurt a little. But goodwill at least once a month. Niceness. Don't be rude. And ask them to delete. Email as well. Eventually. They will get sick of you. And then delete. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.