Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Public Records from CRs?

tag
Evil1980
Valued Member

Remove Public Records from CRs?

How do I get all three CRs public records to match? I recently had a paid public record in the state of Michigan removed from my TU report. It was paid in full in 2012 and was supposed to stay on until 1/2018. I Just made a note that it had a satisfied judgement letter and TU removed it. I tried the same with EX and EQ and nothing happened. Is there a way to remove it from all three reports?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Remove Public Records from CRs?

Satisfaction of a judgment is not basis for reqiring deletion of the judgment from a consumer's credit report.

The fact that one CRA took a view of the public record that resulted in removal of that information from their credit reports is not basis for the other CRAs deleting.

The procedure for getting removal from your credit report is to get the public record vacated, and then inform the CRA that the public record is gone.

Message 2 of 11
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Following

Message 3 of 11
Evil1980
Valued Member

What is the procedure to complete this? I contacted the courthouse about my Satisfied Judgement and was informed that here in the State of Michigan there is nothing they can do to get the Satisfield Public Judgement Vacated. Is this true? If not what exactly am i supposed to be asking for that the Courthouse individuals would understand?

Message 4 of 11
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I have one with SOM for taxes. I would think contact the agency you have the judgement with. Negotiate directly with them. If they grant it, you'll be good to go. From my understanding, they don't report to the bureaus. The bureaus search for judgments and liens. If it's vacated, it won't be there to report! I'm on the same mission. I have about $300 more to pay. I'll start my negotiations near the last two payments.

Good luck to you!

Message 5 of 11
Evil1980
Valued Member

Unfortunately mine was a medical bill for $5000 that the company setup a payment plan to complete paying off. Then I missed one payment and it got sent to my current employer to be taken out of each check. My current employer paid the amount in full as a gift and it has been satisfied now for a year. Unfortunately I just have to wait another 6 for it to fall off of my CRs.

Message 6 of 11
roadrage41

Basically whoever you owed the money to, is who files the motion to vacate, I had one for a collection in Iowa, called the attorney after it was paid, and he filed it. I might have gotten lucky, but it's worth a shot.

Message 7 of 11
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Still contact the original creditor for it to be vacated. Robert can guide you better. I would contact them. Six months IS right around the corner tho.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing has happened to me.  Trans has removed but theother two will not.  This did not even go to court. It was paid before.  

Message 9 of 11
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

My PR is not showing on TU either, those other two are a different story. I'm not sure if that means while I'm paying, the State has removed it or what. Very happy it's not on TU!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.