Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove State Arkansas Paid Tax Lien from Buraeu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove State Arkansas Paid Tax Lien from Buraeu

Below are the emails I sent to the local DFA office. Any help please!! Thanks Smiley Happy

Morning,

I had an issue with my 2015 state taxes where my 2106 form wasn't filed so it showed that I owed taxes ended up getting a lien applied and when I finally found out about it I submitted the form and got a refund. Well it's showing paid / zero balance but I need help withdrawing (deleting) this from my bureaus. I appreciate your assistance in advance. Thanks Smiley Happy

OT201600206 - Reference Number - $2054

Mr. Browning,

I am the manager of the Individual Income Tax section for the State of Arkansas. I have received your e-mail about getting lien information updated with the credit bureaus. We do not directly contact the credit bureaus. You will have to contact them and clear up your matters with them. Since your liens were released regularly, the lien will be on your credit for seven years. I’ve provided a list of the agencies and their contact information for you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Remove State Arkansas Paid Tax Lien from Buraeu

The exclusion period for tax liens begins on the date paid, and is 7 years.

Unless the lien is vacated, it remains as a paid tax lien, and is properly reporting.

The procedure is thus to pursue actual vacature of the lien.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.  What steps do I take to start that process?  Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a state lien which was paid and released last year that was showing up on my reports. Disputed through credit karma they took it off my TU report. Online disputes through EX and EQ. EX deleted it, waiting on response from EQ.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.