Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove judgment

tag
kimball00
Valued Member

Re: Remove judgment

Did you write any thing in the comments? I will check to see if there are any discrepancies. I understand it will still technically exist for 7 years or so, but as long as it is marked as satisfied by the court and removed from my credit reports I will be very happy!

MyFico: Equifax:
643 9/5/12
629 7/23/12
618 8/7/12

GOAL: 700 by 1/1/13
Message 11 of 15
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

I left no comment at all. Remember - you experience may vary.  Good luck!  I hope you learned your lesson, I definitely did.

Message 12 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The satisfaction of judgment just tells the court that the issue is satisfied, so they can't later pursue you for the difference between what you paid and the full judgment amount. To get the judgment vacated is another thing entirely, you need to have a good reason such as improper service. Alternatively if the plaintiff is willing to vacate, they can send you a Stipulation to Vacate Judgment. A paper the plaintiff has to sign that basically states they agree to have the judgment vacated, you also sign it and then submit it to the court clerk for the vacatur.

Message 13 of 15
kimball00
Valued Member

Can they turn around and sue for the full amount if I request them to vacate?

MyFico: Equifax:
643 9/5/12
629 7/23/12
618 8/7/12

GOAL: 700 by 1/1/13
Message 14 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

No they can't sue you for any amount related to this issue because you asked for vacatur, legally you satisfied the judgment so the issue is closed from further legal action.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.