cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove late history after paying off auto loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove late history after paying off auto loan?

Every yr of our auto loan we took a yrs worth of payments and placed it into the CU account where we had our loan for auto withdrawal so that we didnt have it coming out of our monthly expenses each month. Long story short they needed confirmation of insurance and since we essentially only logged into that account once per yr to do the transfer we didn't see the request so they started charging extra for insurance. We ended having a few 30 day late payments and then paid off our loan a yr early with our tax return this yr.

We want to buy a new car around tax return and while I'm trying to clean up a few other items on my credit, do you think I would have any success in having those few months of late history removed even though our loan is paid off?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Remove late history after paying off auto loan?

@Anonymous wrote:
Every yr of our auto loan we took a yrs worth of payments and placed it into the CU account where we had our loan for auto withdrawal so that we didnt have it coming out of our monthly expenses each month. Long story short they needed confirmation of insurance and since we essentially only logged into that account once per yr to do the transfer we didn't see the request so they started charging extra for insurance. We ended having a few 30 day late payments and then paid off our loan a yr early with our tax return this yr.

We want to buy a new car around tax return and while I'm trying to clean up a few other items on my credit, do you think I would have any success in having those few months of late history removed even though our loan is paid off?

You would need to get a goodwill deletion from the creditor, there is always a chance.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.