Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove paid collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove paid collections

I have two hospital bills that were turned over to collections and paid. I was in a car accident and was fighting with insurance company with an attorney. Where do I start to get these possibly removed from my credit report. Reported with all 3 bureaus. Do I send GW letters to the credit bureaus or to the collection agencies.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove paid collections

first i would dispute the info with the credit bureau because if they dont respond within 30 days they have to take it off 

Message 2 of 8
luckycharms
New Visitor

Re: Removing a paid collection?

HI, I recently heard that there is a new law, that if you pay off a collection that they will remove it from your credit report, is this true? I guess it was put in place recently to entice folks with baddies to make payments on debts rather than avoid them - cant find any info on this if its true or if it only applies to credit cards - can anyone answer this

Message 3 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@luckycharms wrote:

HI, I recently heard that there is a new law, that if you pay off a collection that they will remove it from your credit report, is this true? I guess it was put in place recently to entice folks with baddies to make payments on debts rather than avoid them - cant find any info on this if its true or if it only applies to credit cards - can anyone answer this

Where did you find out about this law? This post is very old, so I'm not sure if the OP is still around.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of information will I need to give the CRA during my dispute?

Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to Rebuilding forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@luckycharms wrote:

Where did you find out about this law? This post is very old, so I'm not sure if the OP is still around.

Hi luckycharms, I merged your post to this thread as it was posted on a 5 yr old discussion.

To answer your question there is no such law that compels creditors or CAs to remove collections.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any info of what i need to supply to CRA for dispute?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.