Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove paid judgment letter

tag
_GOPackGO_
Valued Member

Remove paid judgment letter

Would anyone have a letter on how to remove a paid judgment? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Remove paid judgment letter

It wouldn't be a letter.  You would have to contact the court where it was filed and ask what their process is for removing it.  Each court system is different.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Paid judgements generally remain on your CR for 7 yrs. from date paid. A judgement must be dismissed or vacated to have it removed. As Shogun said, you have to check with the court where it was filed. The easiest way is to ask the attorney who filed the judgement (I assume the one you paid) if they will have it dismissed. Sometimes they say yes.
Message 3 of 7
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Depending on what state you reside in at the current time, look up your states Civil Procedure Rules and look for Rule 60, some states will vacate based on it being paid.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 4 of 7
_GOPackGO_
Valued Member

Thank you all for the responses. I'm new to the forum and doing a lot of reading! I stumbled across a post (Remove paid judgement letter from 2NE1 ) back in October 2012. They stated they sent some letter and had success at having it removed, many members were requesting the letter be pm'd to them and there were several replies back stating 'sent', I just assumed there was a 'general' letter. But I will definitely look into the leads you guys have provided me. Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
_GOPackGO_
Valued Member

I'm in the State of Texas. I'll start reseaching now. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Countingpennies wrote:
Paid judgements generally remain on your CR for 7 yrs. from date paid. A judgement must be dismissed or vacated to have it removed. As Shogun said, you have to check with the court where it was filed. The easiest way is to ask the attorney who filed the judgement (I assume the one you paid) if they will have it dismissed. Sometimes they say yes.

A judgment, satisfied or not, stays for 7 years from date filed.

A satisfied Tax Lien stays for 7 years from date paid.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.