Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Collections Jump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed Collections Jump

So last year I went to apply for the Amazon Store Card and was rejected due to the collections being on file. At the time I had not known I had them on my report nor where my credit was at the time. Instantly downloaded the Credit Karama app and saw my scores was 668, which I thought was pretty good. This past month I really began investigating my credit and signed up for myFico and saw the real scores sitting at roughly 630s for all CRAs. 

At that point, I started making the best effort to correct the collections and get a sucessfull PFD from all the collections (3 total, totatlling $2930.00). This week my TU report showed that all the collections had fell off and shortly after checking it, myFico notifed me I had gone up 80 Points! My TU is now sitting at 730, which is isn't terrible considering I'm still in College. Now just time to wait for EX and EQ to update.

Looking forward to the future of my credit now that I've got this fresh start again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Removed Collections Jump

Congrats on paying those off and repairing your credit!!  I'm sure you've learned a valuable lesson, and luckily at a young age.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update! Experian and Equifax removed the final collection. Experian jumped 82 points up to 743, Equifax has not moved quess I'll check back sometime soon.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's an incredible jump! Awesome job keeping everything else in your report clean!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.