Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Items

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed Items

If something is removed from my credit report, how long does it take My Fico to update this infromation and not show it under my collections?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed Items

In my experience, these alerts show up within 48 hours of an item being added or changing. myFICO, however, doesn't generate an alert for collections that are removed. The impact is just factored into the score change accompanying your next alert.

I know, disappointing.

Message 2 of 8
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

You have to update your credit report with MyFico to 'not see it'.  

If you have the monitoring service, it should update the score pretty quickly once its removed, though it may not trigger an alert, which may mean the update doesn't happen until the next 'alert' event.

The MyFico monitoring has gotten much better recently, but scores appear to only update when specific things happen.  I don't think something disappearing from a credit report is one of the things that causes the score update, though something new appearing is.  If you are in a rush to know the new score, you can buy a new report which causes a full update, or just wait till the next payment cycle on one of the cards and wonder why the score jumped because of a payment.....

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did receive a score increase (YAY).  But will the items continue to show up under my collectios or will My Fico remove them?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to My FIco...what do you mean by "wait till the next payment cycle on one of the cards"?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a myFICO subscription, you get one credit report a year. Your score, however, automatically changes when certain alerts are triggered.

If a collection is removed, barring you purchasing an updated credit report, you won't see it removed until your next free credit report, one year from the date your first one is pulled.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you so very for the information!

Message 7 of 8
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

You won't see the items removed in the report till the next time you pull your reports, but, the next time something triggers a score update, you will see the score change.  It will be associated to the item that just reported, but likely caused by this item being removed.

Score updates happen frequently, credit reports happen once a year or when you pay to pull a new update.  I'm assuming you know it is off your report and you are wondering about the score change.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.