Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing 30 Day Late

tag
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

Removing 30 Day Late

Hello Everyone...And thanks for all the information provided by this forum. I have a somewhat complex situation and Im looking for some help. Im currently trying to remove a 30 day late from first premier. ive tried the goodwill tactic and it yielded no result.

This matter is somewhat complex because, I was paying for the insurance called "Premier Credit Protection" 
Its a type of insurance that will pay your current monthy bill in the event you lose your job or something. That was pretty much the case in December 2014. I lost my job and knew I wouldnt be able to pay my monthly bill. So, I began my claim with "Premier Credit Protection"

However, I was told a seperate department handled that and basically before they made the payment....a 30 day late was placed in december of 2014. January 2015 the insurance started and made payments up until I found another job. Im wondering if I can make them accountable and ask them to remove the late on those grounds. Well, I know I can ask them to, via goodwill....but thats had no "good" result so im wondering is there some legality I can hang them up on.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing 30 Day Late

Did you happen to explain this situation in the GW letter? Also, when did you put in the claim compared to the date your bill was due?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

Re: Removing 30 Day Late

No, the first goodwill letter I sent was pretty generic. I do plan to rewrite another including this information/explanation. First Premier bounced me around departments and phone numbers before I got them to send the insurance package out. I did turn the form in about 2 weeks before the due date. This proved not to be enough time, as they didnt process my claim until January. My concern is that I turned it in before January and since the creditor is providing the insurance, they would be able to remove the 30 day late since the paperwork/claim was in their office prior to the bills due date. Its a shot in the dark but im just asking questions in the event they send out the notorious generic "we cant change the listing letter."

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.