Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Alliance Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Alliance Collection

Hey everyone,

Been observing on the forums for a bit and finally decided to post. I have two collections on my report. One from AllianceOne Receivable for $122 from Oct '13 which is reported on TU & EX. I sent Alliance one a PFD via certified mail and they responded with a five page report. First and second is basically them stating that their information is correct and provides a link to where I can post payment. Third page is the balance they say I owe of $121.70 Fourth page is what appears to be a screenshot of a website with the violation. Final page is a picture of my car and license plate where the violation occured. (Red light camera). I would like to know what my remaining options are seeing as to how they responded to the PFD. If anyone has any experience with Alliance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing Alliance Collection

I would first check your states laws to see if a camera ticket can be challenged or is even valid if you dispute it...

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It appears they treated your PFD offer as a request for debt validation or as a direct dispute, and thus providing their verification of the debt.

If your prior letter was a simple pay for delete offer, I would resend it, making it clear that it is a pay for deletion offer, and not a dispute or request for debt validation

As an alternative, you might attempt to get the name of a management official, and make a call directly to them with your offer.

Message 3 of 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

It appears they treated your PFD offer as a request for debt validation or as a direct dispute, and thus providing their verification of the debt.

If your prior letter was a simple pay for delete offer, I would resend it, making it clear that it is a pay for deletion offer, and not a dispute or request for debt validation

As an alternative, you might attempt to get the name of a management official, and make a call directly to them with your offer.

Phone always worked best for me.

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

In WA state Alliance automatically deletes after collections for parking tickets are paid.  I have had a few and they hit my report and then disappear after being paid.  Hope your state is the same.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.