Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Already Paid CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Already Paid CO

Hello new to this forum.  Trying to repair/rebuild my credit after some bad decisions I made as a stupid kid with credit cards.  I had a citi card that was charged off and then later paid off with a payment plan through collections and I was wondering if there is anything I could possibly try to have this blemish removed from my credit reports.  My wife and I are trying to get approved for a mortgage and every point counts.  The only other thing that is on my credit report are some late payments but I dont think anything can be done for those.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing Already Paid CO

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello new to this forum.  Trying to repair/rebuild my credit after some bad decisions I made as a stupid kid with credit cards.  I had a citi card that was charged off and then later paid off with a payment plan through collections and I was wondering if there is anything I could possibly try to have this blemish removed from my credit reports.  My wife and I are trying to get approved for a mortgage and every point counts.  The only other thing that is on my credit report are some late payments but I dont think anything can be done for those.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Old negatives of all kinds can be and are removed by using GW (Good Will) letters. There are no guarantees but it can be done.

Here is a thread talking about the subject: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.