Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing BofA Derog - dispute or DV...?

tag
lanakane
New Contributor

Removing BofA Derog - dispute or DV...?

I think I got some really good news this morning.

I've been goodwilling Bank of America to get a closed, zeroed-out, secured CC removed from my credit.  It has a series of lates culminating in 120 days and was closed by the credit grantor.  I sent out nine letters a few weeks back asking them to remove the trade line from all three reports.

Today I got a letter saying they couldn't address my request because they couldn't find my account number.  So I called in, got transferred to several departments including the secured card department and then the department that the charged off secured cards go to.  No one could find my account by my name or my social!  So B of A is saying they have no record of me ever having a card with them!

What should I do now - dispute the tradeline again with all the credit reporting agencies?  I had already tried disputing the account and the lates just to see what happened and they stuck.  Will the bureaus let me dispute it again?  Will the result be different if they can't find me in the system?  Do I have to do some kind of data validation request instead of a dispute?  (And if so could someone link me to a thread with instructions on how to do that?)

I think I'm pretty close to getting this thing deleted!  Any input would be most helpful!

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 652 EX / 675 EQ / 643 TU
Goal Score: 700

Cap One QuicksilverOne $3000 | FirstTech FCU Visa $2500 | Discover IT $1500 | Amazon.com $700 | JCrew $600 | Ann Taylor $500 | VS $350 | Nordstrom Visa (AU) $15,000 | American Express® Gold

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.