Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing First Premier CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing First Premier CO

First Premier Bank Card is the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of knowing.  Even when my card was in good standing, the people that I spoke with on the phone from the company were the worst human beings ever.

This card was charged off in 2014 after the ridiculous late charges and interest rates raised the monthly payment beyond my means.  Since then it has tanked my credit from nearly 700 to the 520's.  They have single handedly destroyed by ability to borrow, and now I am finally going to fight back and knock them out of my past. 

I've been lurking on this site for about a week now, and I just want to outrightly thank the members here for all of the information that you share.  I figured I'd stop creeping, and possibly contribute to the public service.

THIS is my approach:

The charge off was for an amount of $346, and I decided to pay that off about 3 weeks ago.  The crooked souls at first premier seem much more lazy, than they are generous or compassionate (I'm sure many of you will agree).  I couldn't see those jerks responding to a PFD either... So I figured my best gamble is to pay the thing off, file a dispute, and hope that having their money back deters them from any motivation to screw me over further. 

I filed a direct dispute with them last night (5/27/15), citing FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), etc.. over email... claiming inaccurate reporting which I scoured my reports for.. I found lots of incosistent reporting between the bureaus, some consecutive reporting of the same deliquencies (30 30, 60, 60), different card open dates (3/1 vs. 3/29), DOLA, etc.

I closed with "under the provisions of 623... respond within 30 days" etc., and now I'm waiting.  I guess this post is my official commitment to ride this out to the end, and I know I'm going to get them to remove it.. one way or another.  Hopefully this post will help someone else who's dealing with these guys get some resolution too..

Wish me luck,

Sammy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing First Premier CO

A dispute is limited to the information asserted to be inaccurate.

Since the CO does not appear to be asserted as being inaccurate, it is unclear as to how resolution of the accuracy of the refferenced items of inforamtion will result in deletion of either the CO or of the account.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are definitely correct.. but when there are so many discrepancies that need to be ammended, it seems to be that the more apt solution is to delete the entire account from the person's credit history (thus removing all of the errors that the reporting company had made).  Therefore, it's not the charge-off part that we aim to get removed, it's the entire account to be removed. 

You can find a number of threads on this site alone of people who have done the exact same thing, and especially with First Premier Bank.. They have a tendency to make a lot of mistakes, it really is a bad company.  And many of these people have been successful with this method..

Hopefully that clears up why directly disputing information can result in it being completely removed from the CRA.

-Sammy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning I got the email back from them... so I guess that was about a 5day wait. 

"Upon review of your specific dispute, we have sent a request to the consumer reporting agencies to have the account removed..."

I cannot even tell you guys how happy this makes me.  I have a baby on the way now, and really needed that off of my record.  Good luck to everyone!

-Sammy

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This morning I got the email back from them... so I guess that was about a 5day wait. 

"Upon review of your specific dispute, we have sent a request to the consumer reporting agencies to have the account removed..."

I cannot even tell you guys how happy this makes me.  I have a baby on the way now, and really needed that off of my record.  Good luck to everyone!

-Sammy

Congrats !! I saw it was removed from 2 of the 3 CRB's today, since I have disputes ongoing with TU I can't see my report but it's safe to assume when I get my creditkarma update tomorrow, It'll be gone, I wonder how much my score with jump lol

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that response from Julie Gilson? They absolutely REFUSE to correct or delete my multiple inaccuracies. Even after a BBB dispute. They are even going as far as reporting the account as open, despite it being a paid charge off. Apparently paying the CO doesn't do any good, as everyone I've seen claiming they got theirs deleted are unpaid. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! They are a thorn in my side as well. They are due to come off of my report at the end of this year but I'd like them gone now. The only thing I really have them on in inconsistent DOFDs. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

-Sammy

I got that same response almost a months ago. I'm still waiting for it to be removed...

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke to a supervisor at TransUnion. He quickly agreed to delete the account and said I'll receive an updated report in 5 to 7 business days. Yippee!!! Now on to getting EX and EQ to do the same.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was that response from Julie Gilson? They absolutely REFUSE to correct or delete my multiple inaccuracies. Even after a BBB dispute. They are even going as far as reporting the account as open, despite it being a paid charge off. Apparently paying the CO doesn't do any good, as everyone I've seen claiming they got theirs deleted are unpaid. 

It's a bit frustrating. We paid ours too, but First Premier doesn't reflect it. Plus, it's not even our account. It was fraudently obtained (and we have proof). (We paid it in hopes of just helping our credit look better when we found out about it before we found out about MyFico and a "PFD".)

Yet I hear about all of these "success" stories with deletion. I just don't understand it. I'm happy for them...but I wish I had the same success myself!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.