Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Hard Inquiry from Comcast on Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Hard Inquiry from Comcast on Equifax

I recently leased a car. Besides that I have not purchased anything in a long time that would require a credit inquiry. I don't believe I have ever been with comcast for anything. Besides my college years (I'm not sure what I had 20 years ago) I have lived where Cablevision is basically a monopoly. For my cell I've had sprint since then. I don't even know for sure what Comcast is, except I think it's some type of cable.

I have not given my ss# out. I just woke up because Equifax alerted my phone to a change. I go online and check and there's an inquiry from Comcast?! I googled removing a Comcast inquiry and I have read many other threads. Most of them have signed up with Comcast though. I hate the fact that I need to wait until business hours to contact them.

I guess I'll file a dispute with Equifax and call Comcast. If that gets me nowhere I'll send a letter.

I do have a question - what is a credit freeze? I am trying to rebuild my credit. If it's frozen what does that do? Thank you!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing Hard Inquiry from Comcast on Equifax

I wish I could edit this post but don't know how so I'll add info here. So I've been on the phone for the past hour and a half with Equifax and Comcast.

#1 I found out Comcast isn't even available in my area!!! I called Comcast and they kept giving me new numbers to call. They finally gave me to their fraud department which was a joke! They couldn't help me and basically they old me to file a dispute with the credit bureaus and tell them they think theirs fraud.

So I call Equifax and they are going to send a letter to Comcast to try to get information 🙄, try to get it removed - I want to find out who is using my social!!! Nobody can help me there! I think I stated before revolt I had issues with fraud with my Sprint account.

Equifax tells me in order to freeze my account its $10 PER MONTH! and then I need to call the other 3 bureaus and do the same! Does this seem accurate?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wish I could edit this post but don't know how so I'll add info here. So I've been on the phone for the past hour and a half with Equifax and Comcast.

#1 I found out Comcast isn't even available in my area!!! I called Comcast and they kept giving me new numbers to call. They finally gave me to their fraud department which was a joke! They couldn't help me and basically they old me to file a dispute with the credit bureaus and tell them they think theirs fraud.

So I call Equifax and they are going to send a letter to Comcast to try to get information 🙄, try to get it removed - I want to find out who is using my social!!! Nobody can help me there! I think I stated before revolt I had issues with fraud with my Sprint account.

Equifax tells me in order to freeze my account its $10 PER MONTH! and then I need to call the other 3 bureaus and do the same! Does this seem accurate?

Sadly I think it costs to freeze your credit.  I don't agree with this along with other things about credit scores (you know having to pay for it)

Has anything else showed up on your report?  I would pull your annual credit reports if you haven't but you might want to wait until this gets straightened out.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check credit karma daily (I know it's not perfect but it's free) and have credit monitoring with Equifax.

So far on my credit reports the only thing on there is Comcast Inquiry (and opened a dispute to find out why Equifax is showing my last mortgage payment as April when I'm actually paid up until September!).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.