Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Judgment satisfied statments from your public record

tag
remoteremedy1
New Visitor

Removing Judgment satisfied statments from your public record

I tried to do some research but i'm finding conflicting reports. Some state that you can remove Judgment satisfied statements on your public record and some claim that you cannot.

Can some please confirm? Also if i can please let mek now the necessary steps to remove them.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing Judgment satisfied statments from your public record

Can you be more specific. What sort of judgement is it?

Message 2 of 7
remoteremedy1
New Visitor

Public Record TypeSmiley Very Happyate Filed:Amount:Case NumberSmiley Tonguelaintiff:

Satisfied Judgement 
 11/1/2007 
 $1,657.00 
 STATE OF NEW YORK
Message 3 of 7
remoteremedy1
New Visitor

i apologize for the emotcons, those came in automatically

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Satisfied judgments in NYS can be removed at the 5 year mark instead of 7.  But you have to be a current resident of the state.

You can call the CRAs and kindly remind them of the statute.

Message 5 of 7
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

IF you have a judgement against you, the way to get it off your report early is to file a Motion to Vacate in the court where the judgement was filed against you. If you live in NYC, many have had success at this once they have paid the judgement. Other cities/states/juristictions require more than just paying a bill to have a judgement vacated but in NYC many judges will do this. Be prepared to plead your case before a judge and explain how you have paid your debt off and learned your lesson and desperately need the judgement removed for reasons a,b, and c.....

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

In NYS it is a law that says satisfied judgments are removed in 5 years. Doesn't say anything about having them vacated.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.