Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Late Payments 30 day, 90 day, 120 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Late Payments 30 day, 90 day, 120 days

I am making progress with repairing credit. I have three collections that are still reporting that I am tring to remove. They are all paid. My fico 8 scores are 636,651,628. My other fico versions are way worse like in the high 500's. I know my lates are hurting me and the collections. My lates are with capital one, first progress, lendmark financial, one main financial. I have sent my first round of goodwill letters, however they have responded with the fact that they have to report accurate information to the bureaus. What do you guys recommend in my situation. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing Late Payments 30 day, 90 day, 120 days

Continue GW letter at 1 every other month or once a month (Your choice) until you get the goodwill or they are removed due to reaching CRTP. 30 days tend to only affect for the first 2 years so I would concentrate on getting the 60+ ones communted. Anything 90+ is definitely going to affect Fico the entire time they are onfile.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a paid charge off with Bank of America and the 120+ day late before the subsequent CO and payoff are troubling me.  I thought paying the CO would help a lot but it now appears that this "serious delinquency" will be a significant negative factor until it falls off in July 2020.   The last late before CO was March 2014.

Bank of America makes it clear on their website that they do not engage in goodwill practices.  Am I stuck with this in my FICO calculation as if it happened yesterday?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a paid charge off with Bank of America and the 120+ day late before the subsequent CO and payoff are troubling me.  I thought paying the CO would help a lot but it now appears that this "serious delinquency" will be a significant negative factor until it falls off in July 2020.   The last late before CO was March 2014.

Bank of America makes it clear on their website that they do not engage in goodwill practices.  Am I stuck with this in my FICO calculation as if it happened yesterday?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

As it ages the effect on your Fico will lessen but it will cost points the entire time it is onfile. Paying it is good business in the eyes of underwriters of new credit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.