Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Medical Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Medical Collection

I had a medical collection for $75 after the insurance company failed to pay and ignored my claim. I ended up paying the medical facility direct after they sent it to collections. After many complaints the insurance company made a forty something dollar payment to the medical facility and sent me proof of this. About six month ago I contacted the medical facility and requested a refund for what they owe me, I never got the refund or heard back from them. At the time I did not have proof of the insurance company payment to send them but now I do. What should I do write to them again and send them the proof and request the refund again?

Also the medical collections is being reported to all 3 bureaus as paid with a date open of 1/2014, I want this removed. Should I contact the collection agency and ask for removal? I paid the medical facility via a check and they cashed the payment. I never dealt with the collection agency or made any contact with them. Thanks.

P.S.: This is the only collection account I have listed with all bureaus. 

-Mike

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing Medical Collection

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a medical collection for $75 after the insurance company failed to pay and ignored my claim. I ended up paying the medical facility direct after they sent it to collections. After many complaints the insurance company made a forty something dollar payment to the medical facility and sent me proof of this. About six month ago I contacted the medical facility and requested a refund for what they owe me, I never got the refund or heard back from them. At the time I did not have proof of the insurance company payment to send them but now I do. What should I do write to them again and send them the proof and request the refund again?

Also the medical collections is being reported to all 3 bureaus as paid with a date open of 1/2014, I want this removed. Should I contact the collection agency and ask for removal? I paid the medical facility via a check and they cashed the payment. I never dealt with the collection agency or made any contact with them. Thanks.

P.S.: This is the only collection account I have listed with all bureaus. 

-Mike

You want to send the reporting CA a GW letter asking that their TL be removed.   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

For the OC I would be sending them an ITS letter (Intent to sue) for failing to refund you what they owe you.

Message 2 of 3
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Removing Medical Collection

You can try asking the Original Creditor if they can try pulling the Collection Agency back(as well as having the CA remove their listing from your credit report). I would assume since the Original Creditor took your money, they still own the account, so I assume they can pull the Collection Agency back, though I may be wrong there. Barring that, you could try sending a GW deletion letter to the Collection Agency, letting them know you paid the Original Creditor.

For future reference, you will want to have the Original Creditor pull the Collection Agency back before sending them money(if they still own the account), or you will find yourself in this position where you paid Peter, but now you need Paul to remove their listing from your credit report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.