Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Myself as an Authrized User

tag
earon_williams
Established Member

Removing Myself as an Authrized User

Good morning everyone,

I wanted to get some insight in regards to potentially removing myself as an AU from 2 of my wife's accounts. I was added as an Authrized User on my wife's Gold Amex Delta card about 4 months ago. The CL is $15500 and the current balance is $5400 (35% Utli). This will be paid down to $2900 by the end of this month, and the card will be paid off to a 0 balance by November if all goes according to plan via our budget goals. I was also added as an Authrized user on my wife's Chase Unlimited Freedom that has a CL of $4500 and a balance of 0 currently ( however that will change soon to around $400). This chase account is only one month old and was opened last month.

I was added as an Authrized user on both of these accounts to increase my favorability in regards to opening my own lines of credit / credit cards which indeed I have. I now have 3 credit cards with a total $7000 credit limit. Do I need to remove myself as an AU from my wife's accounts and take the AAOA hit? Will it be a big hit? My current AAOA is 2 years and 5 months. All 3 of the credit cards I opened recently were last month and those are the ONLY credit cards that are actively reporting as my own revolving accounts. The other 2 accounts are as an AU and is conting to my overall CL and a few months of AAOA.

My wife plans on using the AMEX as a primary spending credit card once it is paid off. The Chase Freedom will be brought to a 0 balance and left at 0. She doesn't plan to spend more than 9% of the utilization limit ($1300ish) on that Amex card once it's paid off in November.

Would it be wise to just leave the accounts as they are or remove myself as an authorized user and have my credit profile only show my revolving lines. I personally do not mind being a AU at this point, but at the same time I don't like the idea of being an AU without it really giving me any benefit anymore...unless there is something I am not seeing? Also is there any real benefit to being a AU at this point in my credit journey?

Thanks everyone!

*Side Note* I joined the 700 club on all 3 CB's (EX,TU,EQ) this month! I'm going to post an update about it in a few hours.

Starting Scores (8/2012) - EX 558 | EQ 498 | TU 544

Current Scores (9/2016) - EX08: 714 | EQ08: 701 | TU08: 729

Score Goals by 12/2016: EX08: 720's | EQ08: 710's | TU08: 730's
1 REPLY 1
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing Myself as an Authrized User

@earon_williams wrote:

Good morning everyone,

I wanted to get some insight in regards to potentially removing myself as an AU from 2 of my wife's accounts. I was added as an Authrized User on my wife's Gold Amex Delta card about 4 months ago. The CL is $15500 and the current balance is $5400 (35% Utli). This will be paid down to $2900 by the end of this month, and the card will be paid off to a 0 balance by November if all goes according to plan via our budget goals. I was also added as an Authrized user on my wife's Chase Unlimited Freedom that has a CL of $4500 and a balance of 0 currently ( however that will change soon to around $400). This chase account is only one month old and was opened last month.

I was added as an Authrized user on both of these accounts to increase my favorability in regards to opening my own lines of credit / credit cards which indeed I have. I now have 3 credit cards with a total $7000 credit limit. Do I need to remove myself as an AU from my wife's accounts and take the AAOA hit? Will it be a big hit? My current AAOA is 2 years and 5 months. All 3 of the credit cards I opened recently were last month and those are the ONLY credit cards that are actively reporting as my own revolving accounts. The other 2 accounts are as an AU and is conting to my overall CL and a few months of AAOA.

My wife plans on using the AMEX as a primary spending credit card once it is paid off. The Chase Freedom will be brought to a 0 balance and left at 0. She doesn't plan to spend more than 9% of the utilization limit ($1300ish) on that Amex card once it's paid off in November.

Would it be wise to just leave the accounts as they are or remove myself as an authorized user and have my credit profile only show my revolving lines. I personally do not mind being a AU at this point, but at the same time I don't like the idea of being an AU without it really giving me any benefit anymore...unless there is something I am not seeing? Also is there any real benefit to being a AU at this point in my credit journey?

Thanks everyone!

*Side Note* I joined the 700 club on all 3 CB's (EX,TU,EQ) this month! I'm going to post an update about it in a few hours.

I can see no benefit to removing yourself as AU on these cards yet, especially if you all follow through with plans.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.