Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Navient Student Loan Late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Navient Student Loan Late payments

So im new to myFico but has been working on rebuilding my credit for the past year or so and have seen alot of improvement. I started in the low 500s a year ago and has worked my way all of the way up to a Fico 8 score of 680 across all 3 bureaus. My last hurdle in restoring my credit is my student loans. I have a ton of late payment from 11 student loans accounts. They are currently in deferrment because i decided to go back to school. Navient currently owns them and i was wondering how should attempt to get these removes. They are reported accurately and I doesnt really no where to start. I got desperate and enrolled into Blue Sky Credit repair, but is skeptical on what they can really do. 

any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing Navient Student Loan Late payments

@Anonymous wrote:

So im new to myFico but has been working on rebuilding my credit for the past year or so and have seen alot of improvement. I started in the low 500s a year ago and has worked my way all of the way up to a Fico 8 score of 680 across all 3 bureaus. My last hurdle in restoring my credit is my student loans. I have a ton of late payment from 11 student loans accounts. They are currently in deferrment because i decided to go back to school. Navient currently owns them and i was wondering how should attempt to get these removes. They are reported accurately and I doesnt really no where to start. I got desperate and enrolled into Blue Sky Credit repair, but is skeptical on what they can really do. 

any suggestions?

I would write a GW letter to Navient's borrower advocate and ask them to remove the lates. They may say yes if your loan is now current or has been rehabbed

Message 2 of 10
Jerel82TX
New Contributor

Sadly Navient does not remove late payments. I have tried monthly for well over a year. Luckily, they will start to impact your credit less year after yearSmiley Happy Good Luck!

Message 3 of 10
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Did you all know that after TWENTY-FIVE years, federal student loans are forgiven? I have $100,000 worth including interest. All current. I wish I would've NEVER went to college. I don't use the 3 degrees I have. I justify it by saying, "At least no one can take it from me."

Message 4 of 10
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I have 22 years to go.....

Message 5 of 10
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Accurate student loan lates are a tough nut to crack. Which is annoying, because we already get gifted those lovely interest rates. But I digress. This is the best place for you to direct your GW attempts:

https://www.navient.com/about/who-we-are/leadership/advocate/default.aspx

I have had success dealing with that office. Use the email. if you have any kind of documentation - anything that might help you convince them to cut you a break, gather it. Otherwise persistence will be key. And worst case scenario they will start to harm your credit less and less as time goes on and you stay on time with your payments. Good luck.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peaved_about_credit wrote:
I have 22 years to go.....

You can also work for the feds for 10 years and they will forgive your student loans, one way to have your sentence reduced Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Im about to gather as much data as possible to put something convincing together.. I recentlly purchase Blue Sky Repair just to see if they could get them removed. Do you think it would be any help in this situation.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerel82TX wrote:

Sadly Navient does not remove late payments. I have been try monthly for well over a year. Luckily, they will start to impact your credit year after yearSmiley Happy Good Luck!

Kepp trying bro,, I had Navient/Sallie Mae completely remove two student loans from my Equifax. I can only guess they did it inadvertently but I'm not going to poke that bear Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks Im about to gather as much data as possible to put something convincing together.. I recentlly purchase Blue Sky Repair just to see if they could get them removed. Do you think it would be any help in this situation.

I don't know much about Blue Sky Repair, but I do know that credit repair companies are generally not worth your time or money. You can do everything that they do yourself, and you don't run the risk of poking a bear (ie sending in disputes for accurate items that end up screwing you). Be careful and do your research.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.